Wednesday, January 17, 2007


Where does this happen? Does this sort of pop rockosity ever happen anymore?


Is there some magical rock studio... somewhere fantastic like... filled with leather and lame and long hair? Can I go there? Can I dance irrythmically in the background, off a side-stage while a band of this caliber plays?


I love the Sweet. Probably my favorite band of all time. Most definately the inspiration for Spinal Tap. No, no that's not Nigel Tuffnel, that's Andy Scott... Amazing isn't it?

When I read about my friends in Dublin (dig the link to Love Action), I imagine that they are happily living this dream of mine. I've met a handful of their rocker friends and have seen some of their gigs when they've played in New York. The Dudes, regardless of what genre of rock they play, all mildly resemble these heros of mine. And Suzie and Jess and Lauren are better than all of them combined because they have vaginas.

Please examine the photo to the right. This "portrait of rockliness" if you will, encompasses all of what Dublin Ireland means to moi. If you can understand what is happening in this photo (because I know Suzie and Jess sure as fuck don't) than you can understand why I so desperately need to get the fuck of Long Island, and back on to the real Strong Island.

I miss Dublin so fucking much. If there was a magical studio filled with long haired re-re's, I'm sure its there in lovely ole' Baile Atha Cliath.

sigh...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home